BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method) is the leading and most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings. It sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and has become de facto measure used to describe a building’s environmental performance.
BREEAM provides clients, developers, designers and others with:
- market recognition for low environmental impact buildings
- assurance that best environmental practice is incorporated into a building
- inspiration to find innovative solutions that minimize the environmental impact
- a benchmark that is higher than regulation
- a tool to help reduce running costs, improve working and living environments
- a standard that demonstrates progress towards corporate and organisational environmental objectives
BREEAM addresses wide-ranging environmental and sustainability issues and enables developers and designers to prove the environmental credentials of their buildings to planners and clients. It:
- uses a straightforward scoring system that is transparent, easy to understand and supported by evidence-based research
- has a positive influence on the design, construction and management of buildings
- sets and maintains a robust technical standard with rigorous quality assurance and certification
HERE you can find up-to-date database with BREEAM certified buildings in Poland (Polish language only).